Buck build fixtures are static fixtures used for assembling or modifying parts at a single station.
Buck build fixtures are tooling fixtures mounted directly to the floor or to a movable cart. They are a combination of custom nests, supports, locks and clamps designed to hold a part or multiple parts, utilizing adaptive tooling. Fixtures have rotation and locking features depending on the requirements of the assembly build.
Below is a list of the many benefits of buck build fixtures:
- Tooling is custom designed to hold unique parts
- Adaptive tooling holds more than one part
- Parts are guided for easy loading and unobstructed for easy unloading
- Parts are held firmly to withstand basic assembly forces
- Clearance is provided to ensure access for secondary components and fastening tools
- Fixtures rotate (as required) in any and all axes X, Y and Z for improved part access
- Rotating fixtures are balanced to reduce the force required to rotate the part
- Fixtures are directly mounted to the floor for static stations, or mounted on a movable cart when used in more than one location
Buck build fixtures are commonly used for low volume or high cycle time part builds, repairs, tests or prototyping where conveyor systems are not justified.